Various technical documents are available that provide information regarding the Clean Water Nashville Overflow Abatement Program, the Consent Decree, and the projects in the Long Term Control Plan and Corrective Action Plan/Engineering Report. Click the links below to download and view these documents.
The Consent Decree between the United States of America, the State of Tennessee, and the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County was approved and entered with the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee in March 2009.
The legally binding document that represents the result of negotiations between EPA, the State of Tennessee, and MWS, specifying the activities and timetables required to address combined and separate sewer overflows in Metro Nashville.
The Corrective Action Plan/Engineering Report presents the approach used to characterize Metro's sanitary sewer system and to evaluate potential alternatives for improvements to the system's hydraulic limitations.
The Long Term Control Plan Update presents a characterization of Metro's combined sewer system and the recommended improvements to reduce the occurrence of combined sewer overflows (CSOs) and their impact on the Cumberland River.
Program Management Plan
The Design Management Manual provides guidelines for design services on Clean Water Nashville Overflow Abatement Program projects. The Design Management Manual supports a systematic approach for planning and executing projects to ensure that the design and construction work products conform to MWS' requirements.
The Appendices below provide additional details regarding design standards and processes for the Program.
- Appendix A Equalization Facilities and Pump Stations
- Appendix B Conveyance Pipelines
- Appendix C Wastewater Collection System Rehabilitation
- Appendix D CADD and Plan Prep Standards
- Appendix E Design Sample Plans
- Appendix F Standard Specifications List
- Appendix G Standard Details
- Appendix H Survey Guidance and Forms
- Appendix I Geotechnical
- Appendix J Permit Information
- Appendix K Estimating
- Appendix L Sustainable Development
The Technical Specifications, Divisions 01-48, posted on this website are for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Clean Water Nashville Overflow Abatement Program, and, while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Construction Management Manual
Quality Management Plan
This study assesses the potential impact of green infrastructure in the combined sewer system, including the identification of possible green infrastructure sites and pilot projects.
Central Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements
- Project Summary
- Executive Summary
- Complete Report
- CWWTP Biosolids Facility Assessment - October 2014
- CWWTP Electrical Equipment Condition List - December 2014
- CWWTP Electrical System Assessment - January 2015
- CWWTP Post May 2010 Flood Report - May 2014
- Brown and Caldwell Scope of Work
- Hazen and Sawyer Scope of Work
- Area Map
Mill Creek Trunk Improvements and Equalization Facility
- Geotechnical Review
- Browns Creek Pump Station - Hydraulic Capacity Analysis
- Route Study
- Supplemental Geotechnical Information Memo June 20, 2017
- Study on Equalization Facility Draining